I’m sure that at first many people considered these innovations as “crazy.” The idea of work from home with a computer and internet, had to seem incredible. I congratulate the first companies that hired a Virtual Assistant, thanks to them, the field of Virtual Assistance is growing rapidly.
1) Companies are realizing that the Virtual Assistants are all over the world. This means they have access to a range of different skills such as: language, time zone and culture.
2) The Virtual Assistant have flexible work schedules. There is even a significant cost savings for a company that hires a VA, they do not have to pay a full time employee to work part time. Also, there are no resources or extra payments to be made. They also save large amounts of money by not paying benefits to a virtual assistant. Both advantages allow companies to cut large amounts of budget for its operation.
3) Another attraction for hiring a VA is companies no longer have to rent or buy large corporate offices to house many workers. Today many companies may choose to rent office space only temporary to hold meetings, or rent a small office space for a small staff. This can save hundreds or thousands of capital from the company each year.
4) The company can save costs because is no longer required to provide or maintain large computer servers or a large number of desktop computers. Also, no longer have to spend on maintenance of these systems or upgrade the software to run the office. Most Virtual Assistants are responsible for software and equipment to operate efficiently.
5) The technology has also helped in the interview process. Today, with Skype or any video conferencing programs, people can have a virtual interview between employer and employee. Also with Skype, Vonage and other IP phone systems, the majority of Virtual Assistants can call or be called from anywhere in the world as a local call.
These are just some of the aspects of why a company should at least consider hiring a Virtual Assistant.
Virtual Assistants are hired for a single project, a need or specialty, or as full-time member of the staff.